CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Remember when



I said I would tell you how much I enjoyed the movie Transamerica? Well without giving too much away I have a few things to say.


1. Felicity Huffman was sublime as Bree, the pre-op transsexual lead formerly known as Stanley.


2. There were moments in the movie that were in turn heartbreaking, hilarious, charming, heartwarming and occasionally a bit unbelievable. Although if all movies were based completely in reality why would we watch them? Give me a bit unbelievable any day.


3. After all the arguing points this is just a simple film about a parent and a child, and their struggle to find themselves and each other.


4. The movie ended beautifully with the barest beginning of a potentially beautiful relationship, however it was not the quick happy ending that movie goers have been spoon fed for so long. I will say that it left me with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat.


Transamerica is one of the most impressive movies I have seen in a very long time.


J




0 comments: