CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Please Pass The Apocalypse

Driving home from work one morning, at 6am, I found myself on a stretch of road that is usually teeming with other drivers, but not this day. I was alone. It was eerie even a little frightening. Being the "highly imaginative" person that I am I noticed and I immediately began to wonder that if during the wee hours that just maybe some major world event had occurred and left me alone, driving my little white car.

Then the road I was on merged onto another and I knew that all was right in the world as simultaneously I was almost run over by and 18 wheeler and cut off by a PT Cruiser. There had been no world ending event.

I work alone five nights a week from 10pm to 6am, and during this time I spend a whole lot of time watching movies, surfing the net, blogging about movies (or pretty boys as you would know if you have seen my other blog) and many other time consuming pursuits. I am usually not frightened by this time alone, but on rare occasions when my imagination gets the best of me, my thoughts sometimes wander to the end of days.......

Anyway, tonight I decided that it would be a great idea to watch a movie I had been wondering about, 28 Days Later. Which if you didn't know is a movie about and apocalyptic event in England (and suddenly my ramblings make some sense).

So maybe I am easily scared, added to the fact that I am all alone but I must admit that I think this is one hell of a movie. I'm not a fan of Cillian Murphy, but if he is given limited speaking or dramatic responsibility he can shine.

I hadn't really researched the movie well, so it was to my delight that one of my favorite British actors had a bit of a role as well, Christopher Eccelston is brilliant as Major Henry West.

The idea behind this movie is disturbing, the action was extremely fast paced, and frankly I believe that story could have been fleshed out just a little more. However for quick bit of heart pounding action this is a great choice.

J

0 comments: