CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, January 28, 2008

We all deserve to die, have a super day!


This is several weeks overdue but I have seen a wonder of a movie: Sweeney Todd. My friend, as we left the theatre, said it was gross, disturbing, hilarious and sad; I have to agree.

So the premise is this, in case you haven't heard, a man is arrested on false charges to get him out of the way of the evil judge who is in lust with the innocent man's wife. When the man is released from years of indentured servitude he vows revenge on the judge. Unfortunately his plan for vengeance is thwarted so his landlord says 'hey, plenty of people deserve to die so why don't you kill other people and I'll bake those folks into a meat pie which I will then sell back to the clueless public.' Hilarity ensues.

The movie was directed by Tim Burton, you always know what you're gonna get with his films, it'll be quirky, visually unique and with plenty of darker than dark humor. Excellent cinematography, especially in the by the sea scene.

Johnny Depp deserves his Oscar nod for this one, vacant crankiness never looked better.

Did I mention it's a musical?

0 comments: